Tuesday, April 24, 2012

BOTH ENDS OF THE ROAD

BOTH ENDS OF THE ROAD is my goal. The Pan American Highway stretches some 18,000 miles from Prudehoe Bay, Alaska to Tierra del Fuego, Argentina. I am planning on leaving for Prudehoe Bay in 12 months and a friend of mine and I will head south. This blog will be a chronicle of the preparation for this Journey. I have asked myself many times, Why.? My answer is this. I look forward to the challenge. Its a Big goal but with proper planning and preperation I am confident that I can accomplish this journey.  I am planning on the trip taking from 30 to 45 days and it will be filmed for television.

In the next twelve months I have a huge amount of work to do. I need to learn to speak and understand Spanish which is the predominant language south of the USA border. Today I can count to ten in spanish and I know about ten other words. I've got a long way to go. Research will probably be the most important preparation I will need to do. Maps, fuel stops, mechanical service locations and Border crossing protocol are just a few of the things that I need to figure out. I have already done a lot of studying but I know  I've just scratched the surface.

To prepare for this trip I will need to get into better physical shape. My lower back is a concern of mine. I have set my mind to loosing 40 more pounds and increasing my physical endurance.. I'm not gonna go back to boot camp but I have some life changes to make to accomplish my goals.

I'm gonna build a bike specifically for this trip... The bike I have in mind will be an "American made" swing arm type bike. From the wires to the tires. This bike will be Made In The U.S.A. This is gonna be harder than you might think. I could go to the store and buy a BMW or Harley for this journey but I want to put the spotlight on AMERICAN MADE products. Because of the differences in terrain and altitude, this is gonna be a special bike to say the least.


Well there you have it. two guys on two motorSickles riding the Pan America highway from top to bottom. The TV show that is produced from this journey will be of the unscripted type and thats about all I can tell you about the show.


Thanks to all who have helped turn this dream into a project. I will keep you all updated on the progress that we make.
Until next time,
PEACE&GREASE

No comments:

Post a Comment