Thursday, April 12, 2012

BIO, well, kind of.

December 28, 1967. Jeff Davis County, Georgia. Dr. Elrod welcomed me to planet Earth with a slap on my ass. Hows that for a beginning.??? I've been asked to write a short bio of myself for an upcoming project so I decided to share this with you all.
I am a Son of The South. My youth was spent like so many other children of our generation. Football, girls, music and rebellion were the things I spent my time with. I think I was a little above average at the things I wanted to do and that included the trouble and mischief that I got into. I was first labeled a "Free Spirit" by a visiting Preacher when I was 7yrs old. As I watched my parents roll their eyes and agree with that Preacher, I felt a high level of satisfaction and I have been seeking my own path ever sense.
 The paths that I had found had lead me into more than a few run ins with the law and at the tender age of sixteen Judge Case and I agreed that Military service would be the best thing for me. I had dropped out of school my junior year, got my GED and on 05 Feb. 1985 I shipped out to basic training at Ft. Benning, Ga.
I had been in the Army for 16 months when I got an invitation to my high school graduation. Class of 86.
After three yrs as a "Straight Leg" Infantry soldier I was Honorably discharged with a service related disability. I am proud to have served my country and I consider it an Honor to have served.

Music and motorcycles have always been part of my life. I got my first guitar at age 8 and it was a guitar that I used to travel the country after my military days were over. I have been blessed to play guitar in some amazing places. From the Grizzly Rose and Red Rocks Amphitheater in Denver to Gilly's Pub 44 in Florida. Tootsie's Orchid Lounge in Nashville turned into a 3yr gig for me in the early 90's. It was a guitar that took me to Daytona Bikeweek in the 90's where I stayed for 4 yrs playing everywhere that would have me. This is where I met my loving and patient wife, Shelly.
The common thread that has run threw my life has been travel. From my Army days up till today I have been on the move. There was a time I drove a semi delivering freight and in 9 months I had been in all 48states. I got off the road to help raise my family and start a business and I feel that I have been successful in those endeavors. During that time the call of the road was still there but my responsibilities kept me grounded to building my businesses.
In 2008, when the economy turned south, I could no longer ignore the call of the road. My loving wife was pushing me to do something that I "Wanted" to do. She had seen me totally consumed by my business desires and she knew that I was on the path to self destruction. My motorcycle became my therapy and I guess I needed a lot of therapy. In the last three yrs I've logged around 150,000 miles on motorcycles. Most of them on a Honda VTX1800R. I started going to rally's, big and small. I started getting involved with what other people were doing whether that was a fundraiser or a birthday party. I get a kick out of learning what is important to other people and then sharing those stories with others. Sometimes those stories are captured in pictures. Sometimes they are shared threw printed word but if I had a choice, I would rather tell you the story as the two of us stand next to a bonfire as the morning sun comes up.
The future is looking bright and I am excited about all the possibilities. Filming for the 2nd season of Moonshiners will start in May and will be broadcast the winter of 2012. I am also working on several other film projects that are to young to talk about details. One of them is about the Pan America Highway trip I am planning for May of 2013.  I am still making the Gypsy Biker Bedrolls and I have recently finished the design work on a new product that will be released in the next month or so.. The future is looking good and I am really enjoying all that I am able to do. I have been blessed in that I have met some of the greatest people on Planet Earth and have developed lasting friendships with more than a few of them.

Until we meet again,
PEACE&GREASE

No comments:

Post a Comment